Primary Responsibilities 主要职责
· To maintain a high guest service focus by approaching your job with the guest always in mind.
· To actively promote the service and facilities of the Fairmont Hotels to guests and suppliers of the hotel.
Confidently knowing all information of hotel and the F&B outlets.
· Strictly no offensive or impolite language.
· Communicating effectively with relevant departments and regular guests to maximize in house and group business for the restaurant, ensuring direct liaison with them upon arrival.
· Having detailed knowledge of all departmental standards.
· Be available to lead the team in the Restaurant & Bars during any busy days or special events.
· Preparing rosters and job schedules for colleague to meet business needs (taking into consideration internal activities and occupancy and external events, promotions etc).
· Being able to explain the standards to the colleagues and getting their understanding.
· Be able to assess colleague performance against standards.
· Ensure that training on departmental standards is regularly conducted in the outlets.
· Enforcing standards through regular standards review checks.
· Understanding what’s going on in other departments and implications for your own department.
· Planning ahead and ensuring adequate resources are available
· Managing the departmental operation and taking action where necessary to ensure smooth running and participating in service duties during service periods, where necessary.
· Maintain event and function histories to assist with returning events.
· To establish good communication with the kitchen team.
· To attend & participate in regular F&B, operational & roster meetings.
· To provide and communicate clear direction to the team.
· Communicating aims to the team and seek their understanding.
· Understanding the aims of the hotel and the department’s role in achieving it.
· Keeping the team up-to-date about departmental, hotel and company activities through regular communication meetings & memos. This includes special events and promotions in the restaurant.
· Be responsible for the preparation of the events detail, equipment and brochure.
· Identifying, communicating and acting potential sales leads.
· Control strictly of outlets FF&E and OS&E with daily, weekly and monthly inventory. Responsible for all asset count and loss.
· Following company control procedures, controlling costs without compromising standards.
· Fully understand of the outlets P&L. Analyzing and explaining any financial variance against plan.
· Set up and maintain the leave plans for the department. To clear all annual leave and overtime hours by one financial year.
· Always look for ways to upsell and add value.
· To perform all duties and responsibilities in a manner that ensures your safety and that of others in your workplace.
· Use a heartiest approach – make the guests feel welcome, feel heart-warmed, feel incredible, and belong.
· To be motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your personal performance.
· Conduct all administrative work required.
· To abide by all rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the hotel.
· The management reserves the right to change / extend this job description if necessary at any point of time during her / his employment.
· Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience 知识与经验
• Diploma or degree in hospitality or related field.
• 6 – 12 months in the same position with similar operations style.
• Food and beverage knowledge must be good.