About Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating everyone we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us or discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
About Four Seasons Hotel Suzhou
Four Seasons Hotel Suzhou is a luxury island retreat fully commanding a 30 acre (12 hectare) private island on the scenic Jinji Lake. Set to open in the second half of 2023, the Hotel will have over 200 well-appointed rooms, suites and private villas, lush gardens, indoor and outdoor pools offering a lifestyle that is uniquely Suzhou and uncompromising service that is uniquely Four Seasons.
The Four Seasons Hotel Suzhou is looking for
Chinese Executive Chef
who share a passion for excellence and who infuse enthusiasm into everything they do.
We hire motivated people who we train to perform superbly, while we create an environment where they can flourish. Ultimately, our culture breeds success, and rewards it in many different ways. We encourage and expect all of our employees to behave consistently in a manner which demonstrates:
Commitment to supportive teamwork and open communication
Responsibility for ongoing enhancement of their skills and performance
Recognition of personal accountability for their own actions and the outcomes of those actions
An understanding of the effect of their behavior on our guests, their fellow employees and the reputation of the Company
Plan, organize, control and direct the work of employees in the Chinese Kitchen Department responsible for outlet food preparation while ensuring superior quality and consistency.
- Coordinate the selection, training, development, and evaluation of employees and managers in the Kitchen Department to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met, including long-range strategic planning for outlet operation.
Ensures that all guest contact culinary employees provide exceptional guest service at all times.
- Ensures that employees also provide excellent service to internal customers in other departments as appropriate.
- Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
- Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
- Maximizes employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
- Provide timely of Culinary initiatives for Marketing and Public Relations opportunities to increase awareness and ultimately archive business goals.
- Constantly evaluates local, national and international market trends, vendors and other hotel/restaurant operations to make sure that the hotel’s own operations remain competitive and cutting edge.
- Work closely with other employees in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
- Monitor adherence to health, safety and hygiene standards in kitchen and restaurant. - - - Ensure PWT and LWC standards apply in kitchen
- Ensure banquet are manage effectively with seasonal Culinary initiatives.
- Buys locally available fresh products wherever possible and has limited menus which are changed frequently to ensure the guest is always offered a variety of food items.
- Michelin Starred Restaurant / The Worlds 50 Best Restaurant/ Black Pearl Restaurant or related experience is preferred. 米其林餐厅/全球50家最佳餐厅/黑珍珠餐厅工作经验优秀考虑
- At least 3 years’ experience in a kitchen management role
- Strong leadership, planning, Self-driven and a strategic resourcing professional
- Good team spirit, multi-tasking, cooperative with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Mandarin Speaking and Work authorization in China is a must
Join us and Enjoy…
- An opportunity to build a life-long career with global potential and a real sense of pride in work well done
- Best-in-industry training
- Complimentary stays at Four Seasons properties (based on availability) with discounted meals
- Incentive bonus/ competitive salaries
- Employee service awards
- Annual employee party/ social and sporting events