Strategy and Budget Management:
· Set overall digital and ecommerce direction to help drive room and other related revenues (i.e. F&B, spa, meetings, etc.) for the hotel
· Maintain overall hotel digital and ecommerce budget and related vendor/agency relationships (i.e. Supporting billing and invoicing needs, etc.)
· Identify, articulate and defend insights and recommendations to senior hotel management
· Provide on going updates of industry news, trends, issues, site features and best practices to senior hotel management and help educate hotel on digital marketing essentials
Digital Marketing Responsibilities (PPC, SEO, Email, Mobile, etc.)
· Collaborate with partner agencies to develop annual business plan for the hotel to ensure sound comprehensive strategic recommendations and ensure ROI goals are achieved for overall eCommerce, SEO, PPC, and paid media activities
· Allocate hotel’s digital marketing budget between CPA, CPC, CPM, e-mail buys, paid search, mobile and other conventional and unconventional internet advertising/acquisition models to meet e-commerce targets.
· Work with and manage agency to ensure PPC and SEO plans strategically and efficiently fit the hotel goals and objectives
· Drive email marketing initiatives along with Marketing Communication managers. Responsible for setting up accounts with approved vendors, drive quarterly/annual activity calendar, generating quarterly performance reports and conducting regular database audits.
· Manage email marketing initiatives for the hotel, including working with marketing communications to develop and create content for emails, and then building the email using Hyatt’s email vendor tool
E-Commerce Responsibilities (Hotel website management, mini-site development management, etc.)
· Develop ecommerce strategies and best practices for the hotel web site such as content strategy and traffic driving tactics and strategies.
· Work with and manage agency for mini-site development projects as necessary/needed – for F&B, weddings, etc.
· Set content strategy for hotel website and test various best practices. Work with Marketing Communication and PR managers to upload and edit website content (using Adobe CQ5).
Project and Agency Management:
· Meet with digital and Ecommerce industry representatives (i.e. vendors, agencies, media partners such as Google, Baidu, etc. if necessary) to gain insight to best practices
· Develop and build strong working relationships with vendors and agency partners – serve as primary point of contact for all digital marketing/E-Commerce vendors and agencies. Frequency of agency contact will be determined based on the scope of work outlined between the agency and Hyatt’s corporate office.
· This role will be responsible for status calls to review performance reports as well as set goals and objectives, and timelines, with the agency.
Social Media Management:
· Develop hotel’s total social strategy, of which social media publishing is just one part, to support and achieve hotel’s overall business goals. Develop, measure and assist in executing social media activity, including assisting Marketing Communication manager to put together creative strategies to grow fan base. Work with agency on tagging and monitoring social media performance using approved tools. Drive/evaluate business case documents put together by hotels for use on Facebook or other social media channel requests.
· Lead hotel’s Social CRM / Social Guest Service programs to improve guest satisfaction by increasing guest engagement, and decreasing response time, over social media.
· YOY property website bookings and revenue growth
· % of revenue generated from property website versus through OTAs (online travel agencies such as booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip, Agoda, etc.). Target is to at least achieve the same YOY growth as OTA
· ROI of total digital marketing spend on SEO and paid media services
· Total number of engagements (re-posts, likes, comments) on hotel social media pages