(candidate with excellent profile might be considered for CDC position)
The Executive Sous Chefwill be in charge of and works in Italian restaurant kitchen , he/she is the one who provides leadership, plans, organizes and manages kitchen activities and staff, carries out some menu planning, creates and prepares dishes, controls food costs, quality and hygiene, and maintains kitchen equipment.
Reportingto Director of F&B, this role is responsible for the entire restaurant kitchen under his/her care, the culinary staff, the menu, cost, and all special events that requires food service from these locations.
As the leader of a highly trained culinary team, he/she should build the restaurant into a place that constantly provides the highest standard in quality and consistency in food, within the given guidelines and food cost and to maintain a safe and clean environment for a highly motivated culinary staffs.
Supervision: Supervise the daily operation of the kitchen, including food production, food quality control, presentation and hygiene management, to ensure the highest standards of productivity, consistency, product and quality assurance for all aspects
· Leadership: mobilize the enthusiasm of employees, motivate employees and set an example to lead employees to abide by the company's rules and regulations, and cooperate well withother departments. Provide employees with professional technical knowledge and skills training, including the rational use of existing materials, and constantly update employees the latest food information and market trends as staffs learning process
· Food & food cost: pay attention to cost control while ensuring the high quality of food
· Safety management: maintain food hygiene and work safety
· Personnel management: reasonably arrange kitchen human resources, check all work schedules, and properly arrange and control kitchen labour costs
· Planning and organization: assist in the innovation of dishes and the updating of menus, and resolutely implement the additional reasonable tasks assigned by senior management
· Communication and reporting: regularly communicate and report to the Director of F&B, organize and participate in the weekly kitchen meeting, and announce the latest work plan
· Training: treat every colleagues as a member of the same team at all times, and give them training and help where necessary, so that together we can providememorable dining experience to our guests
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
· High School or college degree
· 10+ years’ experience in culinary
· Fluent English and Mandarin
· Needs to be fluent in HACCP and general food sanitation and safety
· Must have extensive knowledge in leading and managing large culinary staff in a concept operation
· Experience in high quality, 4-5 star hotel and / or restaurant operations
· Must be creative, and to have an extensive knowledge about food product and techniques
· Must have excellent organizations skills and be able to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
· Must be a good leader and able to motivate his staff to highest performance and standard
· Good communication and listening ability, to be able to work with entry level personnel up to senior management
· Must be passionate about food, product and people
· Has to carry him/herself in a professional manner , high moral standards.