Primarily responsible for securing mid to large-size businesses for non-residential catering events & weddings. To liaise & ensure smooth execution of all such mid to large-size events, which includes both non-residential and residential MICE groups & events. The role entails that the Executive liaise with the client directly, and with various departments across the hotel, as well as any other suppliers and vendors of services that may be required for such an event. The Manager will also make sure that all events will adhere to Finance, Security and any Legislation requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
▪ Assist in taking call-in enquiries & recording them for enquiry distribution & assignment.
▪ Responding to assigned non-residential enquiries by preparing & sending the proposals.
▪ Follow up & negotiate with guests from the assigned non-residential enquiry & weddings in order to secure & close the deal, which may include site inspections.
▪ Prepares the non-residential contract and ensure it is acknowledged by both hotel & client.
▪ System booking for the events with all details & rate, from prospect to tentative to definite, must be updated & done timely & accurately.
▪ For all events, ensure that all payments are received as per contract payment terms.
▪ Communicate with client and their assigned representatives for the details & arrangements required for their group & event，which may include rooming, meal, meeting & any other arrangements.
▪ Liaise with internal departments to arrange the needed so as to meet & exceed the client’s requirements.
▪ Prepares the Banquet Event Orders, Change Logs & Group Resumes and distributes them.
▪ Attends BEO meetings & organizes Pre-Con meetings as required.
▪ To prepare & work on any other paperwork, certification, floorplans as required for the event.
▪ When group is on-site, to ensure that all hotel arrangements are prepared & executed as per the client’s requests.
▪ To communicate & preempt guests if there are any requests which may not be feasible and work on an alternative.
▪ To exercise flexibility and react promptly to any special or last minute requests or changes.
▪ For any shortfall in service / product delivery, to communicate with guest effectively & efficiently to meet a win-win solution & alternative.
▪ In the event that there is attrition or cancellation for the group, to impose on the charges as required. Relevant departments whom may be affected need to be informed of any such attrition & cancellation.
▪ At end of event, to thank the customer and gather feedback regarding the group & event. Reflect the feedback to the management & departments for further improvements.
▪ To carry out any other duties as and when required by superiors.