The Senior Wedding Sales Manager will be responsible for delivering the guest experience from Wedding planning, to handling customer requirements during Wedding, to post-event follow-up with customers. Key to this role is developing expertise in understanding sector/account needs, maximising guest satisfaction, and driving incremental revenue to the hotel. Where applicable, this role will also involve management and the active coaching of assigned Meetings and Events team members.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
· Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
· Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
· Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop deep understanding and knowledge of key sectors targeted by hotel, and gain sectorial/account expertise when necessary to maximise guest satisfaction
· Prepare Weekly Events Forecast and seize upselling opportunities
· Ensure the timely follow-up and pursuit of strategic relationships with customers and stakeholders in order to drive the highest levels of conversion
· Supervise the timely delivery of Master Invoice to customers and facilitate payment
· Work closely with the Reservations, Sales & Marketing, and F&B departments to ensure the accounts from the events are consolidated
· Communicate to his/her superior any issues encountered and other relevant information
· Attend and participate in and where appropriate, organise training sessions, daily briefings and other meetings as required
· Where applicable, supervise, manage and train Meetings & Events Executives and Meetings & Events Coordinators in carrying out their responsibilities
· In the pre-event planning process, consult with the meeting planners to identify optimal meeting room configuration, recommendation on meeting/break flow, menu planning, food & beverage coordination, table arrangements, decoration options, etc. to improve meeting efficiency and productivity
· Meet with each meeting planner daily to debrief on daily events, review consumption, bill and any exceptions to contracted billing and review estimates of final billing
· Plan and conduct pre-event meetings with clients and catering staff to identify ways to enhance the guest experience
· Assigned upon situation as the point-of-contact to give immediate assistance in order that customer’s needs are met quickly and their event runs smoothly
· Supervise the organisation of post-event calls and collection of Feedback Survey and follow up with customers to obtain event feedback and identify further business opportunities
· Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community
· Coordinate safety and security initiatives to ensure meetings flow smoothly with minimal interruptions or problems. Coach and advise clients on meeting options and alternatives that potentially reduce waste, save energy and have a minimal impact to the environment
Perform other duties as assigned.
This is a middle level Meetings & Events position in a full service luxury, resort, or major flagship hotel with high volume catering, banquet, and/or convention facilities.
Performance of this role should be measured by the following key metrics:
· Key Performance Objectives set annually (as per IHG policy)
· Process compliance as the indicated compliance in the Standard Operating Procedures
· Lead Handover Quality
· Other Events KPIs
· Repeat sale or upselling revenue
· Customer feedback/satisfaction
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Degree or Diploma, and 2 – 5 years of relevant experience in meeting planning in Hospitality or a related service industry. Type and level of experience required may vary slightly based on size and complexity of operation.
Expected to possess the following skills:
· Good communication and negotiation skills
· Ability to take initiative, meet deadlines and commitments, and complete tasks and projects as required
· Strong organisational skills required to maintain electronic and paper filing systems
· Maintain a high level of knowledge pertaining to policy and procedure and communicates knowledge effectively to all personnel when applicable.
· Demonstrates clear and effective verbal and written skills for the purpose of obtaining and conveying information to clients, technicians, management and team members as well as producing reports
· Excellent PC skills (including MS Office)
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.