This position is concerned with organizing and supervising the B.B.Q. items according to the standards set by the Executive Chinese Chef.
1. To be responsible for the production of all roasting and barbecue items.
2. To supervise portion control and presentation of B.B.Q. items.
3. To be responsible for smooth running of Barbecue Section.
4. To ensure that mise-en-place is completed prior to service.
5. To ensure that all the food items are prepared according to standard set by the Executive Chinese Chef.
6. To ensure proper handling of groceries and perishable food items
7. To keep working areas,stove and equipment clean and in good condition.
8. Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets, and current trends and make recommendations for appropriate adjustments to kitchen operations accordingly
9. Participate in the planning and costing of menus
10. Ensure that outstanding culinary technical skills are maintained
11. Seamless working with Recipes, Standards and Plating Guides.
12. Maintenance of all HACCP aspects within the hotel operation.
13. Correct usage of all equipment, tools and machines.
14. Can be utilised during inventories.
15. All team members have to be knowledgeable about occupancy, events, forecast and achievements.所有员工都应知道关于住宿率,宴会,预测计划和收益。
16. Preperation of menus as per request, in timely fashion.
17. Working on new dishes for food tastings in combination of digital pictures.
18. Having a open-minded approach to constructive feedback.
19. Maintain at all times a professional and positive attitude towards his team members, and supervisors alike, and behave in accordance to the established hotel rules and team member handbook for him and team member under his supervision. To ensure smooth operation of the department.
20. Coordinate, organize and participate in all production pertaining to the kitchen. Checks and follow-up on the mise-en-place of the ala carte menu and daily menus, seasonal specials. Maintains the standards of preset recipes, portion control and costing at all times.
21. Keeps discipline and proper work practices for himself and the team members assigned to him at all times. Also checks on personal hygiene, clean uniforms, sanitation and cleanliness of the workstations, sanitation of the work tools. Be aware of the dangers of contaminated food and the needs to proper checking and turnover of the mise-en-place in the refrigerators. Reports to the Executive Chef on any problems to take appropriate actions.
22. Follow up on any changes in new recipes or work methods pertaining to any new menus, daily specials, and promotional activities as per instructions given by the Executive Chinese Chef.
23. Monitor food quality and quantity to ensure the most economical usage of ingredients.
24. Advise new menus and seasonal food concept changes with the help of the Executive Chinese Chef.
25. Select team member that display qualities and attributes that reflect the department standards.
26. Monitors the overall food operation and ensures that food items are being prepared in a timely and correct manner.
27. Responsible for overseeing the cleanliness, hygiene and maintenance of the kitchen and undertakes steps necessary to maintain the highest possible standards in this area.
28. Controls, monitors and is responsible for the optimum food cost to yield the maximum amount of outlet profit and maximum guest satisfaction.
29. At all times understand, practice and promote the teamwork approach to achieve missions, goals, and overall departmental standards.
39. To ensure that all team members have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel’s Team member Rules and Regulations.
40. The management reserves the right to change / extend this job description if necessary at any point of time during her / his employment.
41. Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. 5-8 years chinese kitchen experience, with a minimum of 2 years as BBQ Chef.
2. Minimum requirements-High school graduate, Preferred – Completed Technical education in Hospitality or Culinary school .
3. Up to date Sanitation Classes.
4. Health Certificate