Respond to guest requests for special arrangements or services (e.g.,tea and coffee, pressing, laundry, dry cleaning, transportation, reservations) by making arrangements or identifying appropriate providers. Respond to special requests from guests with unique needs and follow up to ensure satisfaction. Gather, summarize, and provide information to guests about the property and the surrounding area amenities, including special events and activities. Answer, record, and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns. Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Bellperson, Housekeeping) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem. Review shift logs/daily memo books and document pertinent information in logbooks. Monitor club lounge for seating availability, service, safety, and well-being of guests. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
Guest relations, general butler services tasks, working with others and policies and procedures are key ingredients to success for this opportunity.
• Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible
• Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings
• Tea and coffee service as per St. Regis standards
• Pressing, Shoe shine, Rooming, Packing and Unpacking services
• Well-informed with surrounding restaurants, shops events and things to do in the city
• Communicate with guests, other employees, or departments to ensure guest needs are met
• Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures
• Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
• Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals
• Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures
• High school, diploma in hotel management or equivalent educational qualification (Graduate of renowned hospitality institutions preferred)
• At least 1 year of related work experience