1. Buys locally available fresh products whenever possible and has limited menus which are changed frequently to ensure the guest is always offered a variety of food items.
2. Participates in planning menus and utilization of food surpluses and leftovers, taking into account probable number of guests, market conditions, and popularity of various dishes and frequency of menu.
3. Reviews menus, analyses recipes, determines food, labor, overhead costs and assigns prices to menu items.
4. Directs and strictly adheres to food apportionment policy to control costs.
5. Assists in the process of introducing and testing the market with new products, which are market-orientated in terms of price, and product.
6. Serves fresh food to guests which is prepared a la minute, is consistent in quality, and reflects the style of the outlet concept.