Oversees and directs all aspects of the Sales and Marketing activities. Responsibilities include overseeing the planning and development of promotional strategies and marketing plans; oversee and assist with the development and implementation of the sales and marketing plan; management of the sales and marketing team and reporting on effectiveness of the plan. Responsibilities also require direct and routine interaction with Regional Sales and Marketing office.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
· Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
· Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
· Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Produce the Annual Revenue Plan, Marketing Budgets and Forecasts
· Produce Action Plan related to the Revenue Plan to ensure Revenue Plan objectives are achieved
· Provides a professional, advisory support service to the General Manager
· Coordinate all methods of maintaining and increasing business volume. This includes advertising, sales promotion, personal selling, publicity, community relations, special sales projects, etc.
· Create and implement special programs to achieve greater profitability through:
- Increasing average rate
- Increasing overall occupancy
- Increasing business volume during off-peak periods
- Increasing local Food & Beverage and Banquet Sales
· Enhance the image of the hotel in the local community
· Participate as an active member of the community through associations, memberships and other trade organizations
· Review regularly activity reports of Sales and Marketing personnel to ensure targets and Sales objectives are being met
· Review regularly internal promotion pieces for visual effect and ensure they conform with brand standards
· Organize and promote, in cooperation with the Food & Beverage Department special projects to stimulate Food & beverage sales within the community, including, but limited to, tournaments, balls, parties, gastronomic festivities, etc.
· Interacts with individuals outside the hotel, including, but not limited to clients, Convention Bureaus, local Hotel Associations, Government Tourist offices, Airlines, Travel Agents, Tour Operators, competitors and other members of the local community
· Investigate potential markets by:
- Reviewing Sales Department and Front Office correspondence files
- Analyzing guest history and registration card files
- Studying guest questionnaires
- Reviewing government statistics on visitors to the city
- Analyzing competition's sales/promotion efforts
- Studying various reference and industry publications for sales leads
· Recommend to General Manager the kind of advertising which will be most productive for the hotel by analyzing the market effectiveness of past advertising campaigns and consulting with other Department Heads and the Advertising Agency
· Procure new and repeat business for the hotel by maintaining contact with Airlines, Travel Agencies, Commercial Houses, Private Clubs and Professional Associations within the community and neighboring markets
· Review regularly the Public Relations activities to ensure high awareness of the hotel in the local and national media
· Manage the development of new products and services
· Oversee the development of new marketing strategies
· Conduct market research
· Maintain good communication with Regional Sales and Marketing personnel and implement corporate initiatives
· Works with Human Resources on manpower planning and management needs
· Works with Director of Finance in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget
Number of employees supervised
Direct: Director of Sales / Director of Meetings & Event / Director of Marketing & Communication
Annual Operating Profit/Payroll Budget –
· Department Budget and Headcounts
Key Metrics –
· Departments Budget
· Employee Satisfaction Survey
Decision Making Responsibilities (Decision Rights) –
· Department Budget
1. Key Internal Relationships –
Hotel Executive Committee Members and Corporate Employees
2. Key External Relationships –
Interacts with guests and individuals outside the hotel including, but not limited to, current and potential clients, owning company representatives, suppliers, competitors and other members of the local community.
Qualifications and Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing or related field.
Expected to possess the following skills:
· Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
· Good Communication and writing skills
4 years of relevant experience or similar supervisory role, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.